Sunday, December 1, 2013

Gobble Gobble...I'm 30!

The week of November 25th was an awesome one; so much excitement and joy! I was fortunate enough to have the entire week off of school...that meant spending every day, every minute, and every second with Mason! We had a lot of fun together running around with Grandma Paulette getting ready for Thanksgiving. Our baby boy changed even more this week (if that's possible); he is now very easily grabbing for toys, pulling out his binky, rolling on to his side, entertaining himself on his play pad, talking a ton, and feeling even more sturdy and strong while trying to sit up.

While all of this is great and super fun, we think he's starting to teethe; not so fun. Poor Mason has been extra fussy in-between all of these fun moments. Thankfully we have so many friends who have offered fantastic advice...we're just awaiting the arrival of a tooth. In the meantime we have lots and lots of drool, a rash beginning to form around his mouth from the excessive amounts of drool, some fussiness, and frequent naps. Eh...a small price to pay for the priceless opportunity to be his parents :)

We spent Thanksgiving Day at Ricky's Uncle Gary's house in Visalia (near Fresno). It was, as usual, a really really fun day. We rode go-carts, played in a horse shoe tournament (where I seriously dominated....I don't know what got in to me!), ate some incredible food, semi-dominated once again in an Uno tournament (a family tradition) of which I lost (so did Ricky, I might add), then enjoyed sitting by a bon-fire. It was a beautiful day; we are thankful for so so much. Our biggest blessing of the year; Mason! Gosh we love him sooooooooooooooooooooooo much. Mason had a tough day at Uncle Gary's; his teething symptoms were in full force :(

The next day was my 30th birthday! I cannot tell you how excited I was/am to be 30! I am not one of those people who look at getting older as a bad thing; I love getting older each year. Ever since I was in middle school/high school and saw the episode of Friends when they turn 30, I've been so excited to be included in that age group; now I am! We spent my actual birthday with our close friends Sarah and Jared and their fun kids! We went to the LA Auto Show and it was amazing!! My birthdays are never just a day long, I try to stretch them out as much as possible...so the next day we hung out with the Hexberg's again, and had my huge celebration that evening at Medieval Times with 16 of my closest friends! It was a blast and totally worth the large ticket price per person; so so so so fun!

My week off was fantastic; so much family time, so much Mason time, and it concluded with a memorable 30th birthday! I'm so excited for December and the holidays to come with Mason and Ricky!

Back to work tomorrow...boo.


Uncle Kyle was a great help with Mason. It was so nice to have him with us on this family filled day!

Always so much fun at Uncle Gary's!

Poor Mason...not happy. But check out the button on his jeans, hilarious, right!?

Grandma took a nap with Mason :)


Look at his smile!!!


A special birthday morning delivery from Cherice :)

Medieval Times!!! GOSH I was excited!

I am now the very proud owner of these fabulous TOMS boots! Thank you so much to KATIE! Gosh I love them . 


We got to try out Mason's future high chair with Rocky!

Mason's new pals, Thor and Winnie!




No comments:

Post a Comment