Saturday, November 23, 2013

Blogging is hard (time-consuming)...

When you have a baby, that is. Goodness gracious. I'm so sorry...it's been almost 8 weeks since my last update. Mason has changed so much in 8 weeks; it's truly incredible! I could seriously type and type about how much he's grown, but instead I will give you some bullet points, and then lots of pictures and videos!
  •  Week 10 started to "giggle". Lots of open mouth smiles!
  • Week 11 Mason really started to chew on his hands! We now have drool on everything (drool has quickly taken the place of spit-up). Mason also began to coo a lot!!!
  • Week 12 we ALL began sleeping through the night (thank you so much Mason!) - 7-9 hours each night. Also,  mason started holding on to toys or chewing blankets for short periods of times...loves to chew on things. Mason changed from newborn formula to infant!
  • Fits in all normal, on-track, clothing sizes, and is currently wearing 3-6 month sizes!
  • Week 13 we moved up in diaper size...wearing a size 2 now! This week he also developed a huge interest in looking at himself in the mirror!
  • Week 14 began to "roll over"...well, start to roll over. He can move on to his side, but not a full rotation yet. I also put Mason in the baby bjorn facing forward for the first time; this was really fun (for both of us!). 

 









My co-workers gave me this idea...Mason was a burrito: Chicken w/Guac

There was no way he'd go trick-or-treating in the burrito outfit, so we opted for Scooby! He hated the head piece.

I tweeted Chipotle, hoping they'd give us free burritos since we dressed Mason up as one...but nope!
We HAD to take those classic pumpkin patch pictures!



Diaper change at church...

Sitting up "all by himself" (we're getting there)


Auntie Annette was SO excited to meet her first official nephew!

Grandma Paulette's boys. Mason's first cousins: Weston (left), and Landon (sitting next to Mason).




As a family, plus Uncle Kyle and several friends, we participated in the Alzheimer's Walk in Long Beach: Team Rowe! In honor of my Grandma Yolande and remembrance of my Great Grandma Poppy
Mason's first experience at Dominico's (our favorite pizza place on 2nd Street)!

Our first softball game to see daddy play. Mason was asleep pretty much the whole game...whatever :)

Mason's first piece of mail!

The sweetest sign my Dad made for our baby shower in Grass Valley. This sign meant so much to me, and brought me to tears immediately. I was so touched, and I knew my dad meant every word. I love you dad! :)

3 Generations, plus Mason! My mom (Lolly), my Grandma Yolande (Mason's GREAT-Grandma) and me :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ms. Marengo its me Brian Chavez from msa8 , i happend to run into your blog and its amazing . congrats by the way mason is a very adorable baby ,i hope too see you soon and take care. - Brian

    ReplyDelete