Sunday, August 19, 2012

The car commercial dream...with the red bow...yeah, that happened to me.

 Ricky and I had been talking about getting a new car for about a year. Unlike myself, Ricky is NOT an impulse buyer. He will take years, literally years, to purchase something. He has to find the right deal. I am not patient by any means. This is where we are extreme opposites. Ricky has the patience of a saint, and I am the extremely irritating one that drives the saint crazy. After what I would call a really long year, we were ready to test drive cars (Ricky was ready. I was ready a year ago). As we drove into the first car lot and my stomach was in knots, along with intense anxiety, I say to Ricky (all in one breath) "What do I do? What do I say? Do I drive? Do you? Do we have to buy today? What should we look at first? Do we tell them we're serious? I just don't know what to do, I'm so nervous!" Ricky calmly said, "Don't say anything! Please let me do the talking." I listened, and I obeyed. We left empty handed. I was disappointed, but Ricky was realistic (of course). We went to another dealership, same story. I didn't talk. Thankfully they had a popcorn machine, so I kept stuffing myself with popcorn as Ricky talked numbers. We left empty handed, but not before the salesman could give us his sob story, "This would be my first sale! Please don't leave!" On the way home I felt so bad for the guy...this was my first real lesson about sales men...those liars!!!! They can sense my weakness...I left the following weekend to attend a bachelorette party for my good friend, Melody in Santa Cruz. When I returned home from the very very long drive, I arrive to find a new car parked in front of the house with a red bow on it! Ricky bought it while I was gone and completely surprised me. Have I mentioned how good he is to me!? He's A-MAZING. I love my car. Love my car.


1 comment: